|Rafa later regretted agreeing |
to do the quiz himself
Happy being bemused, befuddled, bamboozled, bewildered and ultimately
1. Last year, Juan Martin Del Potro was reigning champion after his 5 set defeat of Federer in '09 - how far did he get defending his title? (2 points)
2. Which of the top 4 have lost the most number of matches at the US Open? (1 point) How many times has he lost? (1 point)
3. Put the top 4 in order of their all-time winning percentage at the US Open. (2 points or nothing)
4. How many double faults did Djokovic serve during last year's US Open? (3 points if you get it exact, 1 point if you're within 3)
5. This is the first US Open since which year that Federer has been seeded outside of the top 2? (2 points) Who was top seed that year? (1 point)
|"Come on Roger, you know this!"|
7. Which of the 4 was in the top 20 fastest servers at last year's US Open? (2 points) BONUS point for the speed of the serve
8. How many times in the Open Era has someone won the US Open without dropping a set? (Wimbledon has been won once, Aus twice, French five times) (2 points)
9. Which of the 4 made most line call challenges during last year's tournament? (2 points) BONUS point for the number of challenges
10. There has never been 8 different nationalities represented at the QF stage of the US Open. Which two countries had more than 1 player in last year's quarters? (1 point for each country)
11. Which player/players have a positive overall head-to-head record against the other 3? (2 points)
|"I should have known that|
Scotland wasn't the answer to 14."
13. Which of the 4 won the US Open Boys' Singles title? (2 points) BONUS point for the year
14. After the USA, which country has the most Open Era US Open Men's Singles titles? (2 points)
15. Which is the only of the 4 to have lost more Grand Slam singles matches in a year than he won? (2 points)
1. He was injured, so didn't compete in the tournament at all.
2. Nadal - he has lost 7 times (from 8 appearances). Djokovic, Federer and Murray have all lost 6 times. ND/AM from 6 appearances, RF from 11
3. Federer 90.32%, Djokovic 81.25%, Nadal 80%, Murray 73.91%
4. He made 28 double faults, the tournament leader was Verdasco with 36 but my favourite has to be Berankis, with 30 from just 2 matches!
|"I was right with all 23 challenges,|
Hawkeye got the other 14 wrong"